Outlook on the desktop fails to start at the "Loading Profile"
An update on Windows 10 is suddenly causing Microsoft Outlook to break down where it simply fails to load after the initial "Loading Profile" screen. Whilst we can probably expect a fix fairly quickly, this is a workaround to this annoying problem for anyone cut off from their e-mails.
This method involves rolling back to a previous version of the Office Click-to-Run software. We recommend applying this temporary workaround for any affected users until an actual fix is released by Microsoft.
- In the Start menu search box, type cmd
- Right click on the result for Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
- Copy and paste this command: cd “\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ClickToRun” and then press Enter
- Copy and paste this command: officec2rclient.exe /update user updatetoversion="16.0.6366.2062 and press Enter
- Office will begin downloading updates, which takes approximately 5 minutes
Did this work for you?
Let us know if this solution helped you get back on with your work. Or if you know of another workaround, post in the comments below so we can share with others.